Guest blog posts are beneficial for both the blog owner and the guest blogger.
Blog owners can harness the expertise of other bloggers (as well as take a break from writing!), and guest bloggers can spread their knowledge and build website traffic for themselves.
Below are five resources you can use (I checked them myself) to contact blog owners, pitch your awesome guest post idea, and promote the hell out of your guest blog.
- 7 Steps To Writing A Successful Guest Post: Learn the importance of submission guidelines, following up with the blog owners, and promoting blogs. (Coincidentally, this is a guest post Jeff Goins submitted to Michael Hyatt’s blog!)
- How To Write A Killer Guest Post: The Art Of The Clickthrough: Mike Holman explains three important factors to consider when you write a guest post.
- 6 Powerful Guest Post Tactics That No One’s Talking About: Another guest blog. During this one for Problogger, Tom Ewer highlights important factors to consider – like relevance, quality, and engagement – when guest posting on blogs to get blog traffic.
- Top 10 Tips For Guest Bloggers: Susan Gunelius of About.com’s Blogging topic provides tips on steps to take before you even pitch your guest post idea to the blog owner.
- 7 Crucial Tactics For Writing A Wildly Successful Guest Post: The Blog Tyrant (what’s his real name?!) explains to Copyblogger readers seven ways to make sure guest posts “direct the flow of traffic toward your desired outcome or target.” This could mean anything from increasing website traffic to getting readers over to your information product’s sales page.
Looking for ways to get start writing guest posts or finding guest bloggers? Check out My Guest Blog.
Any tips or resources you’d add to the list?