UPDATE: Friday, December 23, 2011: The giveaway winner was randomly drawn Tuesday night and has been notified. Give a big congratulations to Grace, and be sure to visit her fantastic site, Subplots by Grace at www.gracepete.com!
UPDATE: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 11:59: The giveaway is over and comments have been closed. Check back later for the winner announcement!
Guess what, Sparklings!
Not only have I taken my own holiday shopping advice for writer gifts, but the gift I’ve purchased is for YOU!
That’s right: WritingSpark.com is hosting what I plan will be an annual Christmahanakwanzika Giveaway!
(I hesitate to use the word “contest,” as there’s really not much more to it than entering the drawing.)
Not sure what to buy the writer in your life? Or, yourself? Check out the Gift Buying Guide: 25 Gift Ideas For Writers
Up for grabs is this ridiculously awesome typewriter key from Krinkled Gifts and Novelties. It was taken straight from a 20th century typewriter and repurposed as a bookmark. The key features the ampersand (&) on one end and the number seven (7) on the other. I chose this key for you because I know many of you are both writers & readers (get it?) and the number seven is considered lucky in many cultures.
Sure, your freelance writing career takes a lot of hard work, but who couldn’t use a little luck in the coming year? 🙂
To enter the drawing, all you have to do is:
- Be a citizen (or have a mailing address) in the United States or Canada.
- Leave a comment telling me which book would meet your bookmark first. You have until 11:59 p.m. EST, Tuesday, December 20, 2011 – that’s one week.
- Before sending your comment, make sure you include your real e-mail address in the section that asks for it. This won’t be visible to the public; only to me, who needs it in order to contact the winner.
- Say a little prayer that your name is drawn from the hat (yes, that’s the method I use).
- Check your e-mail on the morning of Wednesday, December 21 to see if you won! I’ll also post the name of the winner at the top of this post, so be sure to bookmark this page and check back just in case your winning e-mail gets lost.
Simple enough, right?
Photo Courtesy: Krinkled